OLD TOWN HIGH SCHOOL ANNOUNCES 2014 HALL OF FAME CLASS
Six New Members Set For Induction
Old Town High School and the RSU 34 Educational Foundation announced today its 2014 Hall of Fame class. The Hall of Fame is dedicated to establishing and celebrating the school’s rich sports history.
The 2014 class includes Jeff Sturgeon ’80, Marty Clark ’80, Shaunessy Saucier ’01, Barry Dana ’77, Kathy Baillargeon ’79, and Lionel Bishop
Inductees will be introduced at a pregame reception prior to the homecoming football game against Foxcroft Academy on Friday September 26th. The reception which is open to the public will begin at 4pm in MacKenzie Gymnasium and include the induction ceremony, video tribute, and light refreshments. The class of 2014 will also be recognized at halftime where they will receive their Hall of Fame plaques.
- Old Town class of 1980
- Member of 1980 Eastern Maine Championship team
- Averaged 21.2pts, 10 rebs. and 3.2 assists in 1980
- #3 on the OTHS all-time scoring list with 1,058 points
- Bangor Daily News All-Maine 1st Team in 1980
- 4-year letter winner at UMaine
- All-America East team 1983-84
- 5th in UMaine record books for career assists with 427
- 10th in UMaine record books in career steals with 130
- Led UMaine in assists his Soph., Jr and Sr. seasons
- Old Town High School class of 1980
- Member of the 1980 Eastern Maine Championship team that went 18-0
- 6th on the school’s all-time scoring list with 909 points
- Ranked 7th for most points scored in a season with 461 (1980)
- Holds school record for most rebounds in a season with 357 (1979)
- School record for most blocked shots in a season with 73 (1980)
- School record for most rebounds in a career with 767
- Has been a teacher at Old Town for 28 years.
- Boys varsity basketball coach for 22 seasons, compiling a 209-208 record.
- Coached the 1991 team to the Class A State Championship
- As a coach, led the team to 11 post season appearances
- Named Big East Conference Coach of the Year 7 times
- Only person to play on an undefeated boys basketball team and coach an undefeated boys basketball team.
- Four year letter winner in field hockey
- A two-time All-State selection
- played in both the National Futures Tournament and the National Field Hockey Festival in 1999 and 2000
- member of the Junior Olympics Gold medal team in 1999
- Old Town class of 2001
- Played field hockey at UMaine from 2001 to 2005.
- 2-time captain
- Played in 3 America East Championships
- 5-time scholar athlete
- America East all-academic team
- Assistant Coach at UMaine 2007
- Assistant Coach Bryant College 2008
- Promoted to Head Coach at Bryant in 2009
- Led Bryant to first ever NCAA division I tournament appearance
- 1979 graduate of OTHS
- 3 year letter winner in basketball, 2 years in softball
- The First 1,000 point scorer at OTHS
- 31 points in the 1979 semi-finals vs. Gardiner
- 1979 Eastern Maine All-Tournament Team
- Played 2 years at Husson College, earning team MVP honors
- Graduated with a degree in Medical Administration in 1981
Barry Nelson Dana
- OTHS class of 1977
- Lettered in football, basketball & track
- Rushed for 1,363 yards and 19 touchdowns his senior season
- 1976 All-State Team selection
- Led the Little Ten Conference in scoring
- Named Little Ten first team All-Conference
- Named Little Ten Conference Best Offensive Back
- Former Penobscot Nation Chief
- Graduated from UMaine
- Ran in 2012 Boston Marathon
- Penobscot language teacher
- Established the first boys and girls swim teams at Old Town High
- Coached both swim teams for 13 years
- Football assistant coach for 13 years
- Coached cross country and led the team to a PVC championship
- Director of the state swim meet for 10 years
- Served on MPA swim committee for 5 years
- Chaired MPA class A basketball committee for 3 years
- Worked in Old Town School Department for 37 years, Assistant Principal for 19 years
- Received the first MPA Assistant Principal of the Year Award in 1988
- Helped establish the first chem. free graduation parties for seniors.
-Received the Governor’s award for work with alcohol and drug education.
Create your own unique website with customizable templates.